ADVANCED TRAINING for CHEMICAL TANKER CARGO OPERATION
Course Code: NGPSS 788
Duration: 30 5
This course provides training to candidates to be duly qualified in accordance withsection A-V/1-1, paragraph 3 of the STCW Code and with specific duties for loading, unloadingand care in transit of chemical tanker cargoes. It comprises an advanced training program appropriate to their duties, including chemical tanker safety, fire safety measures, pollutionprevention, safe operational practices and obligations under applicable rules and regulations.The course covers the competence requirements as given in table A-V/1-1-3 of theSTCW Code
- Knowledge of chemical tanker designs, systems, and equipment
- Knowledge of pump theory and characteristics including types of cargo pumps and their safe operation
- Proficiency in tanker safety culture and implementation of safety management system
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and safety systems, including the emergency shutdown system
- Ability to perform cargo measurements and calculations
- Knowledge of the effect of bulk liquid cargoes on trimand stability and structural integrity
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical cargo related operations
- Development and application of cargo-related operation plans, procedures and checklists
- Emergency procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical tanker emergency procedures
- Proficiency in the use of the IBC Code and related documents
- Completion of the Training in Tanker Fire Fighting set out in tables A-V/1-1-1 and A-V/1-2-1 of the STCW convention and code 1978 as amended and be in possession of the appropriate certificate.
- A candidate must have attended or STCW 2010 Basic Training in Oil and Chemical tanker cargo operations or have at least three months` seagoing service on the type of tanker to which the certification is sought.
In addition to this a candidate with sea service alone has to demonstrate that they meet the applicable competency table requirements. Verification of this will be assessed at the start of the course and the candidates must attain a mark of at least 50 per cent in order to continue on to the advanced Chemical tanker course.
- Theoretical –video tel- simulation
For more information