What is the Status of University of London?

The University of London is recognised by the accreditation bodies like the Higher Education Quality Control Council, in UK and is also a member of the Association of the Commonwealth Universities.

If we enrol for this course, will we obtain an external degree?

The University of London only awards one type of degree and it is not known as either an external or internal degree. It is the mode of study that is different. Those who study at any of the colleges of the University in the UK are known as internal students. Those who study privately or at any institution conducting tuition for the degrees and diplomas which are awarded by the University's External Programme are known as external students.

Will the word "external" be on the degree or diploma certificate upon completion of the courses?

Yes, each certificate indicates that the candidate completed the programme as an "external student" of the University of London. The word "external" applies to all who pursue the programme outside the University of London internal programme, including candidates from Ireland, Scotland, England, Hong Kong and Australia. The certificate also indicates that "candidates granted degrees and other awards shall have attained the same academic standard irrespective of mode or place of study or examination". The degree is awarded by the University of London in association with the London School of Economics and Political Science and is signed by the LSE Director and the Vice-Chancellor of the University of London.

How many intakes are there per year?

There is only one intake per year. Applications are accepted anytime during the year. Classes commence in September of every year.

Share This Page