Port Academy for Maritime & Technical Studies
The academy was established to fulfill all the training needs for all the personnel working in seaports and maritime transport sector.
PACAD Main objectives:
• Maintaining high standards and up-to-date vocational training for manpower working in shipping agencies, stevedoring, warehousing supplying companies, Container handling terminals and port authorities.
• Maintaining training of administrative, technical and development skills to upgrade their previous levels to global standards in the areas of various services provided to ships, keeping pace with technological developments in the shipbuilding industry, equipment operation and ports management.
• PACAD’S role was extended to include the training process of the cadres working in the sectors of oil industry and commerce for the local, regional and international levels.
• Promoting, developing and upgrading port training programs towards the transfer of technological skills to worker in different fields of the port industry in order to cope with the new innovation and updated developments in the port industry at large.
• Providing such services for the Arab region in related fields.
• Exchanging expertise with international organizations specialized in maritime transport and port industries, also with the international training and maritime institutes in order to keep pace with the latest trends, training aids and training programs.
• Organizing international conferences, Seminars and workshops at Dammam in co-operation with the international organizations.