|title ||3D animation and Graphics Programming Tools|
|arbic title |
|prequisites ||GM324 |
|credit hours ||3|
|Description/Outcomes ||This course introduces the knowledge base on which digital animation and spatial graphics technology are founded and developed. Emphasis will be placed on developing a working knowledge of the mechanics of 3D geometric formats, spline-based modeling with polygon mesh & NURBS, procedural mapping of raster images, simplified polygon modeling, rendering methods, hierarchical linking, and kinematic fundamentals.|
|arabic Description/Outcomes |
|objectives ||1. Study higher-level topics of 3D animation.|
2. Understand the relation between 2D animations and 3D animations.
3. Use all the tools to create animations and execute entire visual productions.
4. Accept and complete tasks from multiple 3D Animation disciplines.
5. Animate different materials (liquids, solids …etc.)
6. Understand the concepts of modeling, animation, texturing, rendering, lighting, and Rigging.
7. Animate humans and animals.
|arabic objectives |
|ref. books ||Learning Maya 7: The Modeling and Animation Handbook, Alias Learning Tools, Sybex.|
|arabic ref. books |
|textbook ||1. Mark Giambruno, 3D Graphics & Animation, New Riders Press.|
2. Steve Roberts, Character Animation Fundamentals: Developing Skills for 2D and 3D Character Animation, El Sevier, Focal Press.
|arabic textbook |
|objective set |
|content set |