- Is an Arabic female name meaning “returning” or “gift”, also used to describe a very beautiful maiden.As the ship was a “gift” from the Japan International Cooperation Agency JICA, and hopefully always “returning” safely to port, the name AIDA was an excellent choice.History of Aida.
- The first AIDA, a wooden yacht of the Khedive, built in the beginning of 20th century.
- AIDA II was a lighthouse replenishment vessel which sank in the vicinity of the Brothers Lighthouse in1958.
- AIDA III (1961-1997) served as a lighthouse replenishment vessel and also a training ship starting 1973 with the establishment of STI.
- Aida iv was donated by japanese government to the egyptian governmentrepresented by ministry of transport and the egyptian authority for maritime safety.
- Date of Keel Laying 22 nd Feb. 91.
- Date of Launching 20 th Sep. 91.
- Date of Delivery Alex 22 nd Mar.92Mission.
- Aida IV its supply ship owned by Egyptian government since its lay out the keel in 1991 and start worked in 1992 for supplying light house in the red sea and training cadet.
Total Cadets numbers (1992-2016) = 5600 cadets
Share This Page