- Realize the distinguished level and precedence in education.
- Recruit and retain an academically prepared and diverse student body.
- Recruit the nationally, regionally and globally recognized faculty members.
- Develop and support prominent undergraduate and graduate programs that satisfy the national, regional and international requirements.
- Realize the distinguished level and precedence in research.
- Enhance and encourage student volunteer activities and community service.
- Develop infrastructure and financial resources.
Excellence and devotion in education and academic research Transparency, equality, objectivity and justice Teamwork, cooperation and self-development, Social responsibility, Democracy, mutual respect and integrity.
1. Program Title
- Business Information Systems
2. Intended Learning Outcomes
2-1. Knowledge and Understanding
- Ability to identify the different types and kinds of business and their distinctive features.
- Ability to understand the different environments in which the organizations work and methods of dealing with them.
- Ability to understand the developments and trends of modern and contemporary issues related to the field of specialization.
- Ability to use the basic principles, theories, trends in the area of specialization.
- Ability to understand the different sciences relevant to the specialization studied by the student.
- Ability to understand the research methodology, tools and methods of measurement and analysis.
- Ability to apply the integration between commercial and social sciences.
- Ability to understand business ethics and professional practices in the area of specialization.
- Identify major concepts, tools, techniques and methods of electronic commerce, with a focus on the web.
- Understand the fundamental concepts, principles and theories underpinning Electronic Business.
- Ability to design interactive e-commerce sites.
2-2. Intellectual Skills
- Ability to analyze analytical and innovative thinking when facing different situations.
- Ability to apply the foundations and principles of innovative thinking.
- Ability to explain and distinctively discover the advantages and disadvantages of the current issues.
- Ability to deal with the statistics and analyze it.
- Ability to understand effectively with the different situations to transform threats into opportunities.
- Ability to use different ideas and thoughts clearly in an objective and scientific manner.
- Ability to analyze the impact of e-marketplaces on organizations and industries.
- Gain a good connection between E-commerce technology, E-commerce strategy, and marketing.
2-3. Professtional/Practical Skills
- Ability to use form plans and programs for using financial and human resources as well as other resources and ability to develop and maintain them.
- Preparing and Study market analysis.
- Apply different sources of information and verification of truthfulness.
- Analyzing data collection, use statistical analysis and interpret data based on the economic and social indicators.
- Identify the design and operation of administrative and accounting systems and insurance in their respective areas of specialization.
- Use scientific methods to solve scientific problems.
- Identify the foundations and principles of creative thinking.
- Identify the presentation and interpretation of the reports in the field of specialization in a scientific manner.
- Use of computer applications and information technology in the area of specialization.
- Use and employ the results of research and studies in business development and improve performance levels.
- Apply an object oriented web application framework.
- Ability to describe an EC security strategy, develop a secure payment gateway and discuss why a life cycle approach is needed and explain EC-related crimes and why they cannot be stopped.
2-4. Transferable/Key Skills
- Identify effective time management techniques.
- Identify effective communication skills and influence others.
- Ability to work in groups.
- Understand the development of knowledge and improve skills through continuous self-learning.
- Define different methods and techniques for solving problems with high competency on individual or company level.
- Acquire and learn presentation skills.
- Self-management and working with stress.
- Obtain innovation and continuous development in the work.
- The use of technical terms related to the topics of the program.
- Ability to recognize and learn the foreign languages.
- Assess models of best practices in e-service delivery.
- Evaluate the difficulties of developing successful information systems in order to promote competitive advantages.